Friday, March 26, 2010

Peer Response



In response to Esperanza’s blog post about ProActiv solution and all the different endorsements they have gotten, I feel the exact same way. After I started reading her blogpost, I found myself taking the words right out of her mouth. Oh, and Esperanza another name you can add to that already long list of celebrities is Jennifer Love Hewitt. Pro active has just been throwing name after name to endorse their product. Most of these people who have endorsed this product may have had some acne problems when they were young but nothing too bad. The photos they always show the before pictures of the celebrities, and to me they seem to be altered. There are many other methods out there to help get rid of acne, and not to mention cost much less. I consider ProActiv to be a last resort before going to the doctor. In other words by asking for ProActive, you are saying everything else has failed, so now it’s time to bring out the heavy weaponry; or the “Nukes”. Even through some endorsements work on a certain target audience, I feel confidently that 75% of the time they will have no effect other than entertainment. Some could argue that entertainment is a goal the company is trying to get across, and I would agree with that. If they throw their product name in a funny skit you are most likely to describe the commercial by the name of the product. So long as the name of the product is being said out loud, on the street, on a bus, or at work; It’s free advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment